[Nix-dev] npm prepublish hook

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Tue Dec 10 15:16:57 CET 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Shea Levy <shea at shealevy.com> wrote:
> maintaining a manual list, as unfortunate as that sounds. Hopefully this
> will be fixed soon in most packages.
>
> For packages that are installed from a tarball (which is most), issues with
> read-only paths shouldn't come up. If there's a common set of utilities
> always expected in $PATH we may as well resign ourselves to adding those to
> buildInputs unconditionally.

The 2 cases I found are:
bytebuffer-2.1.0:
  bug in the package itself, wants to run hardcoded path
./node_modules/testjs/bin/testjs
  but of course this path is not available in the (extracted) tarball.
protobufjs:
  runs tests like "test1 > tests/test1.out", which will fail because
tests is not writable, so the issue _does_ come up.