[Nix-dev] Nix on CentOS 6.4 - Sound does not work in applications

Rafael Barrera Ontanilla rafaelbaon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 10:00:46 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

I have installed nix on CentOS 6.4 (32 bits) and Debian Wheezy (64 bits) to
test it. On Debian I do not have any problem with the applications.
However, the applications as vlc or spotify do not work fine when I execute
them on CentOS. The problem is that the sound does not work with these
applications, they do not detect my sound card, but on the other hand, the
native applications work fine.

¿Did anyone had this problem on CentOS? I am using the last version of nix
(1.5.3) and it was compiled from source code.

I hope that you can to help me.
Thank you very much.