[Nix-dev] Making additional kernel modules available for modprobe

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 13:55:00 CEST 2013

On 10 July 2013 22:41, Bjørn Forsman <bjorn.forsman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on packaging LTTng (Linux Trace Toolkit) for NixOS. I've
> built the user space tools and the kernel modules, but I can't seem to
> figure out how to make modprobe find the modules. I see that
> virtualbox-guestadditions has got its modules (or a symlink to them)
> in $MODULE_DIR/3.2.48/misc/. How do I do that for lttng-modules?

Answering myself:

boot.extraModulePackages = [ pkgs.linuxPackages.lttngModules ];

So it has to be done in *nixos*, not nixpkgs. I was looking in the
wrong place, expecting that there would be some nixpkgs derivation
that bundled the kernel modules in one tree...

Cool, now I have LTTng working in nixos (and I'll push it soon) :-)