[Nix-dev] RealVNC server now working

Michael Ashton data at gtf.org
Mon Aug 5 08:06:40 CEST 2013

In case anyone is interested, I have made a rudimentary expression which
can be used to install RealVNC. It's available from my nixpkgs branch. You
can view the source here:

    https://github.com/mpashton/nixpkgs/tree/mpa/pkgs/tools/admin/realvnc

Details are given in readme.txt.

I think it's still too rough for a pull request, but I'll be very grateful
if anyone is willing to try it and send feedback. I myself have just begun
to use the server for day-to-day work. I haven't tested any of the other
programs yet.

This was made possible by Bjørn Forsman's suggestion to use an LD_PRELOAD
wrapper to alter paths. I also used code from his saleae-logic expression
liberally in the wrapper. Thank you!

--Michael Ashton