[Nix-dev] x-updates

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 12:36:15 CEST 2013

Hi.

On 08/02/2013 11:58 AM, Mathijs Kwik wrote:
> We can either:
> - provide multiple versions for llvm in master
> - avoid package upgrades that depend on llvm 3.3
> - merge x-updates soon

There should be nothing dangerous in x-updates now. Just the new LLVM,
and minor updates of libpng, Mesa, Qt. I would prefer to merge x-updates
soon (could be within a week). I would also include some GTK
introspection updates [#517] and perhaps some bugfix updates of
GTK-related libs and four minor X lib updates [X]... nothing disruptive.

Another option is to wait around a month and have it with Mesa-9.2 that
should support the R600 LLVM stuff and contain many other new features
(I'm not sure how much useful that will be).

[#517]: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/517
[X]: http://www.x.org/releases/individual/lib/?C=M;O=D

Vlada