[Nix-dev] minimal install archive

phreedom at yandex.ru phreedom at yandex.ru
Tue Apr 23 07:12:42 CEST 2013

On Вторник 23 апреля 2013 03:14:10 Marc Weber wrote:
> ===== Questions to you (community):
>
>     - Are you interested in this?

I had used the old binary for as long as it was working. Building your own
sometimes doesn't work since sometimes you don't have the nedded arch nixos
machine handy.

>     - Should be merged with the minimal binary package which does already
>       exist?

No idea. But I never found any other equivalent which was comparably easy to
use when installing from an enemy liveCD or dealing with random VPS or
virtualization solution.

> I ask before creating pull requests, because Eelco once removed the
> previous version "due to lack of documentation" without asking.

The deficiency(as a user) I saw was that the documentation was a readme INSIDE
of the built archive. Maybe it should be posted to the wiki. Not sure if
there's also some dev documentation missing/required.

TLDR: This must be in the trunk and built by hydra(because of arch issues),
maybe a wiki article would help discoverability.