[Nix-dev] Broken fonts on non-NixOS

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 09:39:25 CEST 2013

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea how to fix fonts in nixpkgs programs that run
on non-NixOS?

I have tried graphviz (vimdot), eclipse and doxygen (doxywizard) in
Ubuntu and they all have broken fonts (and I expect many other GUI
programs to behave the same). With broken fonts I mean that each
character/glyph is a rectangle (either filled or empty).

The error messages look like this:
Fontconfig warning: line 26: empty font directory name ignored
(Eclipse:17486): Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect
ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderFc', script='common'

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman