[Nix-dev] ORBit2 merge & dbus: modularize

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 18:19:26 CEST 2013

On 04/11/2013 06:13 PM, Marc Weber wrote:
> Eelco once told us about
>
> curl 'pull/455.patch' | git am
>
> which avoids the extra commit. For simple changes like that one line fix
> there is no reason to have two commits

I see, I'll try to remember for future simple pull requests.

>> dbus: modularize into libs, daemon, tools, tests and docs
> You broke avahi
>
>    dbus = dbus_all;
>
> it previously was a derivation, it now is an attr set containing
> derivations.
>
> Does it make sense to set dbus to what is most likely needed
> (dbus_libs) - or as alternative replace it by a hint such as
> throw "replace dbus by dbus_glib/c/python/java whatsoever" ?
>
> I don't think its good to have to names dbus and dbus_all for the same
> thing.
>
> Do you want me to replace all dbus occurences by the appropriate dbus_*
> thing?

I'm just fixing this. I think previously it was this way:
	dbus = dbus_all // dbus_all.libs;
I was just about to finish testing it and commit it straightaway. It's a
bit strange but it seems to allow using dbus, dbus.libs and dbus_libs to
the same effect. I could rewrite all the files as well, but I see some cons:
  1: it may be a bit confusing commit, but mainly
  2: things coming from other branches will continue to break this

Vlada