[Nix-dev] NixOS wiki

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 18:35:03 CEST 2013

On 04/10/2013 06:29 PM, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 05:55:11PM +0200, Vladimír Čunát wrote:
>> I second all that, both online editing and possibility of
>> distributed offline work seems important to me.
>
> Well, I don't see "distributed offline" as a strong requirement. Many of us have
> quite a regular internet link up. But there should be a way to evolve a branch
> until it can be discussed and approved for merge.

Ah, well, to clarify: by "distributed" I meant the support of easy
branching + something like pull-requests, which is usually together with
the "offline" DVCS style.

I agree that offline support isn't that necessary and I usually have an
acceptable connection, except for ~5h/week in trains. I still prefer
being without unnecessary dependencies (e.g. on being online).

Vlada