[Nix-dev] NixOS on systemd

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Mon Sep 17 22:58:07 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 31/08/12 08:26, Shea Levy wrote:

> One issue I've found so far: hardware.bluetooth.enable=true installs the
> udev rules to start bluetoothd on bluetooth events, but even though
> bt-usb is loaded by udev I have to start bluetoothd manually now (before
> it was automatic).

Just saw this quote from Lennart Poettering on the systemd mailing list that may
be related:

"Note that on systemd systems udev will kill all long running processes spawned
from udev rules these days, people need to do things with SYSTEMD_WANTS instead.
udev is not supposed to be a framework for spawning forking daemons inline..."

Maybe a newer version of bluez will do the right thing.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/