[Nix-dev] xen on nixos

Marco Maggesi maggesi at math.unifi.it
Fri Sep 7 15:27:49 CEST 2012

Hi Jan,

thank you for your answer  (BTW: I was a little distracted by other
tasks and I didn't notice this message until now).

I'm trying again to install xen but I still have problems:

Following the usual instructions I get the following error:

   builder for `/nix/store/bmr08239ljmcbws3xm6wvsmgp3mz4a1n-linux-2.6.32.24-xen-179eca5'
failed

Then I added the following line to configuratio.nix

  boot.kernelPackages = pkgs.linuxPackages_3_2_xen;

but then I get another error:

Checking that all programs call by absolute paths in udev rules exist ... FAIL
/etc/xen/scripts/blktap is called in udev rules but not installed by udev
builder for `/nix/store/vbqrjkgha77ik3gwxghfx91bxnag3dqd-udev-rules.drv'
failed with exit code 1

Does anybody have a working xen-enabled configuration.nix that works?

Thanks again,
Marco