[Nix-dev] handling /usr/lib/foo-plugins

Sergey Mironov ierton at gmail.com
Tue May 15 13:02:21 CEST 2012

Thanks, I've looked under the zathura's hood - it uses following
scheme: 1) gui part - zathura - is a core component, it should be
compiled first 2) each plugin needs zathura to be built, but user may
set target directory to put .so into (/usr/lib/zathura obtained from
pkgconfig by default). 3) zathura scans default dir for plugins when
executed. Fortunately, it accepts command line argument to set new
path, multiple dirs separated with ':' are supported.

Since it probably can't be done purely without introducing new
entities, I've included an expression for wrapper shell script
'zathura' of higher priority which runs a binary and supplying it with
correct paths. Please, comment/commit.

Sergey