[Nix-dev] [Nix-commits] [NixOS/nixpkgs] 8498c9: boost: update to version 1.50.0

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Thu Jun 28 17:00:30 CEST 2012

Hi Eelco,

 > We appear to have 7 different versions of Boost now. Do we actually
 > need all of them?

Boost versions 1.42.0 and 1.48.0 are unused -- no packages references
those. I would like to delete them, but I figured that this should be
done in a pull request so that people have a chance to comment.

Version 1.49.0 is also unused after the appearance of 1.50.0. If 1.50.0
doesn't cause any build problems, we might want to delete that one too.

Let's wait a few days, and then we move forward on that front.

The other (older) versions of Boost are typically used by old packages
that haven't seen any updates in ages. A while ago, I checked the
upstreams and it seemed like those packages are dead. I didn't want to
delete them a the time, but we might want to address that issue, too.

Take care,
Peter