[Nix-dev] Improving the Developer Experience in the Nix Community

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Jun 28 00:51:03 CEST 2012

Excerpts from Shea Levy's message of Thu Jun 28 00:38:16 +0200 2012:
> Ok. Why was builderDefs rejected? What problems do you see with it, and what do others see?
What does reject mean? I'd say it was not adopted (by me yet) because
the existing monolitic setup.sh works good enough - I have my templates
and its fastest for me. That's why I didn't spend more time on it.

And if there was a change it would be ok to have different scripts until
there is a big "let's recompile all" change - then everything could be
updated to use the latest version of setup.sh

Problems? You can't say "this phase must be run before configure", can
you? Not sure how often this case happens.

Marc Weber