[Nix-dev] A bunch of patches to nixpkgs and questions

Jan Malakhovski oxij at oxij.org
Wed Jun 27 12:30:43 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 20:03:23 +0200
Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> your patch is now available here:
>
>   https://github.com/free-nix/pkgs/tree/malakhovski/master
>
> I committed it into a branch because compilers.patch causes a massive
> re-build, so I'd hesitate to place that change into the master branch
> without some additional testing.
OK.
I live with this change for a while (two months or so). Everything is fine.
The fact that this change doesn't do much (yet) is a more weighty argument not to merge it in. :)

> By the way, do you have a user on Github? I'll give you access to the
> repository in case you have more changes that you'd like to share.

Yes, "oxij" at github is me.
I certainly have some, but I'm busy for the next two weeks or so.
Even after that, there isn't much I would be able share right away.
I.e., at your judgment.

On the other note, I don't want to flood the mail list, so I thank Kirill, Marc, Michael, Peter and Shea (lexicographical order :) ) for answering my questions here.

Best regards,
  Jan