[Nix-dev] Announcing free-nix: the free Linux distribution based on the Nix package manager

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Jun 26 20:04:53 CEST 2012

I've just collected those two items here.
https://nixos.org/wiki/TODO_-_What_is_missing_in_the_nix_community%3F
If more popup add them.

Let's keep in mind that nixos is young - and that there might be
additional requirements tomorrow. Thus let's think carefully about which
policies we need - the more policies - the higher the burden - the less
patches will happen - the more work. They must be reasonable in any
case.

I mean there are many unwritten policies such as "we use upstart" right
now - everybody knows - still there is no "policy" document about it.

We can use sucha a/that page to discuss reason for / against supporting a fork
such as free-nix, too.

Marc Weber