[Nix-dev] Google web fonts import

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Sun Jun 24 16:13:05 CEST 2012

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 16:18:08 +0300, Antono Vasiljev <self at antono.info> wrote:
> > Shea Levy <shea at shealevy.com> writes:
> >
> > I think these are good ideas. More structure and policy in nixpkgs
> > would probably be helpful especially to new contributors. The big
> > question is: Who will do the initial work?
>
> I can do it :)
>
> > Of course suggestions are always welcome, but if you could put
> > together an actual policy doc and a pull request that added the
> > relevant documentation and updated the existing packages to meet that
> > policy then this discussion will be much more likely to lead to the
> > outcome you want.
>
> Before doing pull request with migration i would like to be sure
> it needed and everyone will be happy about it.
>
> I created initial draft (really small) for fonts:
>
> https://github.com/antono/nixpkgs/tree/fonts-policy-proposal/pkgs/data/fonts#font-packaging
>
> What do you think? :)

+1

Do you have an opinion about font- vs fonts- (i.e. singular vs plural)?
Currently some packages already use the font- prefix (e.g.
font-ibm-type1), while others use the plural (e.g. liberation-fonts).

Are non-font packages allowed to use the prefix?

--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC