[Nix-dev] Google web fonts import

Antono Vasiljev self at antono.info
Sun Jun 24 15:18:08 CEST 2012

>> Also, i know that nix is young and multipage policies will be overkill,
>> but something like README.md in pkgs/data/fonts/ and other dirs could
>> work.
>>
>> What do you think?

> Shea Levy <shea at shealevy.com> writes:
>
> I think these are good ideas. More structure and policy in nixpkgs
> would probably be helpful especially to new contributors. The big
> question is: Who will do the initial work?

I can do it :)

> Of course suggestions are always welcome, but if you could put
> together an actual policy doc and a pull request that added the
> relevant documentation and updated the existing packages to meet that
> policy then this discussion will be much more likely to lead to the
> outcome you want.

Before doing pull request with migration i would like to be sure
it needed and everyone will be happy about it.

I created initial draft (really small) for fonts:

https://github.com/antono/nixpkgs/tree/fonts-policy-proposal/pkgs/data/fonts#font-packaging

What do you think? :)

--
http://shelr.tv - plain text screencasts for unix ninjas