[Nix-dev] Nixpkgs and NixOS moved to GitHub

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Jun 22 00:03:03 CEST 2012

Hi Eelco,

 >> Noticeable part of major feature proposals get neither positive nor
 >> negative review and get buried by inaction before the next person
 >> who could benefit of the proposed changes appears.
 >
 > That's bad, but the alternative can't be to just let everybody
 > potentially poor quality changes just because nobody commented on
 > them.

no-one suggested to let everybody commit poor quality changes. The
suggestion is to let regular contributors who tend to commit high
quality changes do that without having them go through some kind of
formal review procedure, because we trust those people to exercise good
judgment. My impression is that this model has worked fine in the past.

Take care,
Peter