[Nix-dev] nix-prefetch-git in nixpkgs

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 16:06:34 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm reading nix-prefetch-git from HEAD right now and its behaviour seems to
be consistent with documentation except for a small bug that renders those
--* setters a bit unusable (see
this<https://github.com/kirelagin/nixpkgs/commit/7d786f3b7b41d1a417cde496cc002e5fa6f2352e>
).

Next. You are giving a *tag* as `rev`. `rev` must be one of "HEAD",
`refs/*`-reference or commit hash (actually adding support for tags would
be really nice). The problem is that the script doesn't have a code path
that handles invalid rev's — it just doesn't do anything (see
here<https://github.com/kirelagin/nixpkgs/commit/61a640d13ca0a1beeba738989716bfa5fb0ee92f>
) =).

--
Кирилл Елагин