[Nix-dev] Git migration progress

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 17:31:49 CEST 2012

On 5 June 2012 19:17, Eelco Dolstra <eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com> wrote:
> I've now moved the Nixpkgs/NixOS Git repositories to the NixOS organisation on
> GitHub:
>
> - https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs
> - https://github.com/NixOS/nixos
>
> (Actually I deleted the ones on my GitHub account and recreated them in the
> NixOS organisation.  This was necessary because I forgot to run "git gc
> --aggressive" before pushing them originally.  This caused Nixpkgs clones to be
> ~300 MB instead of ~80 MB.)

Great progress, thanks. I already rebased my updates on top of the
repositories about a weak ago, before reading that they were not
official yet.

What will be our workflow on github? Like in SVN, everyone writing to
trunk or any branch? Or many feature branches, each merged after
testing or review. Have I overlooked this in the mailing list?

Vlada