[Nix-dev] forcing dependencies (for emacs packages)

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Mon Jul 30 20:08:40 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm packaging up a few packages for emacs. They are just single files,
really not much of a package.
There are some dependencies though, just using (require 'otherfile) in
the lisp file.

What would be the best way to tell nix about this dependency?
Right now, I need to install them all to have them available in
.nix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp
I would like to just install 1 package, and have it sort out which
other packages are needed.
Should I patch the source files to somehow include the needed paths
for dependencies?
Or are there other tricks for nix'ing emacs?

Thanks,
Mathijs