[Nix-dev] PYTHONPATH and eggs

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Fri Jul 27 12:07:38 CEST 2012

Hi Mathijs,

On Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:06:44 +0200, Mathijs Kwik <mathijs at bluescreen303.nl> wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> I used "buildPythonPackage" for the 2 modules (xattr and acl).
> Bup itself is not a python package by itself (I think), so I gave that
> a normal package, and just wrapped the (only) binary with PYTHONPATH
> prefixes, as I've seen in other packages in the nixpkgs too.
>
> Please have a look here:
> https://github.com/bluescreen303/nixpkgs/commit/4426f0a2c62d42f63cc57e86e80f38b15ac85250
>
> To test if it works, you can type "bup meta". That will now warn about
> the missing libraries.

I had to disable the tests for pylibacl, but bup meta does not give an
error, also the generated wrapper looks good - do you still have the
error?

regards
florian
--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC