[Nix-dev] Problems using git on darwin

Marco Maggesi maggesi at math.unifi.it
Wed Jul 25 21:41:14 CEST 2012

Hi Eelco,
thank you for your help, but apparently this doesn't work.

Here is what I did (in case someone can spot an error):
I installed cacert from nixpkgs and I set

$ export
OPENSSL_X509_CERT_FILE=/nix/store/0gyh9310jyp8q424g35lig7fp08n6mhm-cacert-20120628/etc/ca-bundle.crt

$ head -n4 $OPENSSL_X509_CERT_FILE
##
## ca-bundle.crt -- Bundle of CA Root Certificates
##
## Certificate data from Mozilla as of: Thu Jun 28 15:03:08 2012

But I still get the same error:

$ git push origin
error: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
while accessing https://github.com/maggesi/nixpkgs.git/info/refs
fatal: HTTP request failed

The same problem arise with other tools, e.g.

$ curl https://github.com/maggesi/nixpkgs.git
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

However the certificate bundle seems valid:

$ curl --cacert $OPENSSL_X509_CERT_FILE
https://github.com/maggesi/nixpkgs.git
<center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>