[Nix-dev] stdenv.mkDerivation and cmake

Alexander Foremny alexanderforemny at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 15:18:10 CEST 2012

Thank you for your response. Where can I read up on the use of
setupHook? Judging from cmake's Nix expression, where setupHook is set
to a shell script, I would assume that this was only changing cmake's
build. Especially since a grep on stdenv only shows an unrelated use
of setupHook.

> find ./pkgs/stdenv -name '*.nix* -exec grep -H -i setupHook '{}' \;
> stdenv/mingw/pkgs/default.nix:      setupHook = ../../../development/tools/misc/pkgconfig/setup-hook.sh;

Is there some magic going on with setupHook?

However, I figured I can set

> dontUseCmakeConfigure = true;

in my Nix expression. Is this the way to go here? The build process
for XBMC is essentially

> ./bootstrap
> ./configure
> make