[Nix-dev] upgrades and channels

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Thu Jul 5 23:02:40 CEST 2012

Op 5 jul. 2012 22:59 schreef "Mathijs Kwik" <mathijs at bluescreen303.nl> het
volgende:

> cool, tnx
>
> And a question about NIX_PATH:
> by default it's

NIX_PATH='/nix/var/nix/profiles/per-user/root/channels/nixos:nixpkgs=/etc/nixos/nixpkgs:nixos=/etc/nixos/nixos:nixos-config=/etc/nixos/configuration.nix:services=/etc/nixos/services'

> I understand the name=value pairs give the <name> syntax, but how does a
plain dirname (like the channels/nixos dir) get handled?
> I see it contains nixos and nixpkgs, but also a cryptic default.nix
>
> My local /home/mathijs/nix-dev dir contains nixos and nixpkgs.
> If I want to switch to using those instead of the channel (temporarily),
can I just point NIX_PATH there? Or do I need the default.nix too? Or do I
beeld to specify nixpkg= and nixos= separately?

s/beeld/need/

Damn you Dutch android spell checker ! :)