[Nix-dev] darwin haskellPackages.gtk

Patrick Wheeler patrick.john.wheeler at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 01:02:05 CET 2012

Thank you for the advise.
Your deduction is correct. Last night I removed the cups dependency,
and linux-pam along with it, from the gtk+ package which allowed me to
build gtk+ and gtk2hs and run the demo applications.

It might be possible to excise less then all of cups, I might want to
work on making other things build first though unless there is a good
reason to focus on it now.

I thought I had sent out the above earlier today.

I replaced:
    ++ stdenv.lib.optionals cupsSupport [ cups ];
with
    ++ (if stdenv.isDarwin then stdenv.lib.optionals cupsSupport [
cups ] else []);
in 3.2.x.nix and 2.24.x.nix. Patch attached. I have only tested the
2.24.x build though.

Is there a better method of conditionally building with cups support?

> I applied your gettext patch (albeit in a slightly modified form), and it
> has helped a lot.
Good to hear, I am glad I could help.

Best regards,
Patrick