[Nix-dev] darwin haskellPackages.gtk

Patrick Wheeler patrick.john.wheeler at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 22:05:11 CET 2012

I am new to both nixpkgs and have minimal experience compiling
libraries from source so at correction or advise would be greatly
appreciated.

I have been working on getting the gtk package to work on darwin  I
have gotten the dependances * glib, crackedlib, gdk-pixbuff, atk,* to
build and the patches from git are attached.

I was unable to get libxcrypt to build it errors out after not finding
features.h which I believe is part of -lintl library in gettext, but
including gettext in the buildInputs or the pkgconfigDepends did not
help.

I read somewhere that libxcrypt and libcrypt have the same api so I
decided to try moving linux-pam from libxcrypt to openssl.  This
resulted in libxcrypt started to build but after a night, ~7 hours, of
it not building pam_misc I decided it was time to try other tactics
and ask for help.

Advise on how to continue would be appreciated.

Patrick Wheeler

--
Patrick Wheeler
Patrick.John.Wheeler at gmail.com