[Nix-dev] [nix-dev] oxygen gtk theming

Sergey Mironov ierton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 19:02:31 CET 2012

2012/1/16 Yury G. Kudryashov <urkud.urkud at gmail.com>

> Cillian de Róiste wrote:
>
> > 2012/1/14 Александр Цамутали <astsmtl at yandex.ru>:
> >> I tried the same with murrine a long time ago with the same result. It
> >> seems we need to patch GTK+ to help it find paths to theme engines for
> >> ex. from environment variable.
> >
> > It's not ideal/pure, but this is how I do it for KDE:
> > https://nixos.org/wiki/Enable_GTK_themes_in_KDE
> So, we need to add export GTK_PATH to the same place where we export KDEDIRS
> etc. It would be nice if someone interested in this will do it.
> --
> Yury G. Kudryashov,
> mailto: urkud at mccme.ru

Cillian's impure method works, thanks. But of course it will be better
to manage GTK_PATH variable automatically. I can imagine  that we
should do something like what
/etc/nixos/nixos/modules/programs/bash/profile.sh does for KDEDIRS -
loop through all gtk theme packages installed.

By that is interesting: what tree should we patch - nixos or nixpkgs?
There probably are users who use nix but not nixos. How do they
integrate nix-managed environment into their native systems?