[Nix-dev] [nix-dev] conky failed to build - fatal error: curl/types.h: No such file or directory

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 00:47:28 CET 2012

Yury G.  Kudryashov wrote:

> Sergey Mironov wrote:
>
>> configure: error: iw_sockets_open not found
>> Looks scary. Does anybody know the solution?
> Look at config.log. I'll try to commit working expression today.
config.log told me that this test fails because -lncurses not found. The
authors of conky never check whether libncurses is available. They just add
"-lncurses" to build flags. So, never trust ./configure error messages.

I did not add any optional dependencies. You can easily to it by:
* adding a dependency to buildInputs;
* removing --disable-feature configure option.
--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud at mccme.ru