[Nix-dev] Deprecated packages

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 22:00:20 CET 2012

Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 12:22:55AM +0400, Yury G.  Kudryashov wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'd like to remove some packages with dead upstream. You can find the
>> list of packages and their reverse-dependencies here:
>> https://nixos.org/wiki/Deprecated_packages
>>
>> If you're interested in some of these packages, add a comment to the wiki
>> page.
>
> What is that trinity project about, that it is related to the qt3 programs
> in nixpkgs?
Look at their homepage.

> Why we want to get rid of qt3?
E.g., it fails to build against libpng-1.5.
> What's the advantadge?
Easier upgrades of dependencies of qt-3.x.
> I think I prefer it to stay.
Could you please fix it in branches/libpng15 (probably fetching
patches/sources from trinity project)?

> We have lots of other unmaintained libs or packages, that do
> quite a good job despite that.
I do not want to remove useful unmaintained packages. I want to remove
unmaintained packages that nobody use. So, add "don't remove; viric"
comments to packages that you're using.
--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud at mccme.ru