[Nix-dev] cmake & darwin

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 10:17:10 CET 2012

Hi!

Many packages (all packages using cmake?) fail to compile on darwin with the
following error message:
> -- The C compiler identification is GNU
> CMake Error at /nix/store/nfcllcgr192fnkd3ydkm90bbjbq3qxnd-
cmake-2.8.4/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeFindBinUtils.cmake:71 (MESSAGE):
> Could not find install_name_tool, please check your installation.
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
> /nix/store/nfcllcgr192fnkd3ydkm90bbjbq3qxnd-
cmake-2.8.4/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCCompiler.cmake:174
(INCLUDE)
> CMakeLists.txt:11 (PROJECT)

> CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be
not be built correctly.
> Missing variable is:
> CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
This means that cmake fails to find binutils and gcc. I have no darwin
computer to debug this problem. Dear darwin users, could you please look at
this problem?
--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud at mccme.ru