[Nix-dev] Where is libwx_gtk2u_media-2.8?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Jan 6 19:40:54 CET 2012

Hi,

the latest version of Haskell bindings to WX fail to compile,
complaining that the library 'wx_gtk2u_media-2.8' would be missing.
Indeed, it seems like such a library doesn't exist in our wxgtk builds.
Now I wonder: should that exist? Why don't we have it?

I made a wild guess and tried to build wxgtk with the additional
configure flag --enable-mediactrl, just because it sounded like it might
help, but the resulting build didn't have the library either. What it
did do, however, is generate the following errors during the build:

  make[1]: *** No rule to make target `cdunix.cpp', needed by `mmediadll_cdunix.o'.  Stop.

Curiously enough, those errors seem to be ignored?

Does anyone know what this means?

Take care,
Peter