[Nix-dev] wicd managing wireless network

Petr Rockai me at mornfall.net
Thu Jan 5 21:46:41 CET 2012

Hi,

roconnor at theorem.ca writes:

>>> Why isn't wpa_supplicant.conf managed by NixOS?
>> Because it contains passwords.
> Ah, I see.

For the record, I keep a /etc/nixos/wpa-supplicant.nix which I require
from configuration.nix and that says environment.etc = [ {
    source = pkgs.writeText "wpa_supplicant.conf" ''
    '';
    target = "wpa_supplicant.conf";
} ];

(plus the requisite boilerplate, stolen from hardware-configuration.nix)

The advantage is that I don't need to think about wpa_supplicant.conf
when cloning my configuration, which I tend to do between two
laptops. (I keep /etc/nixos in version control, so I can push and pull
changes around conveniently...)

Yours,
   Petr

--
id' Ash = Ash; id' Dust = Dust; id' _ = undefined