[Nix-dev] ./configure && make && make install

Eelco Dolstra e.dolstra at tudelft.nl
Tue Jan 3 17:49:23 CET 2012

Hi,

On 03/01/12 17:39, Sergey Mironov wrote:

> Hi. Another beginner question. I have realized that good old
>
> unpack-the-tarball && ./configure && make && make install
>
> doesn't work in nixos because of missing /usr/include and /usr/lib.

Unless configure or the Makefiles have hard-coded references to /usr, this will
work fine for development.  You'll probably want to specify a --prefix to some
other location than /usr though.  I also set $NIX_CFLAGS_COMPILE to

  -I/home/eelco/.nix-profile/include -L/home/eelco/.nix-profile/lib

and $ACLOCAL_PATH to

  /home/eelco/.nix-profile/share/aclocal

to ensure that GCC and the Autotools can find dependencies installed in my profile.