[Nix-dev] ./configure && make && make install

Sergey Mironov ierton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 17:39:37 CET 2012

Hi. Another beginner question. I have realized that good old

unpack-the-tarball && ./configure && make && make install

doesn't work in nixos because of missing /usr/include and /usr/lib. But how
to organize the process of software development then? Is it possible to do
so without writing a Nix expression? I mean the normal process of editing C
code, debugging it and so on. Well, I am afraid it is not possible in a
common sense, but what if I want to hack already packaged project? Can I
hook Nix's builder.sh and make it open development console?