[Nix-dev] wicd managing wireless network

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Tue Jan 3 15:17:52 CET 2012

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 13:18:27 +0400, Sergey Mironov <ierton at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/1/2 Lluís Batlle i Rossell <viric at viric.name>
> Yes, one should disable wpa_supplicant (networking.enableWLAN if I rememver
> correctly) also - wicd runs it by itself when needed.

On the other hand wpa_supplicant itself does a rather good job,
too. With wicd I have/had the issue of a plethora of dchlients running
at some point.

Also it seems that nowadays it is enough for wpa_supplicant to know the
essid and psk, now details necessary any more.

> Patches for Intel 5150 firmware are in attach. 0001-intel-... is for nixos,
> 0001-iwlfifi is for nixpkgs.

Thx, I committed them.

--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC