[Nix-dev] nix-copy-closure error

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Mon Jan 2 12:21:59 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 12:19:47PM +0100, Rickard Nilsson wrote:
> I discovered that the path in question actually had been corrupted
> on the source host. Now, how can I repair it? Since it is the active
> Linux kernel, I can't remove the path. Rather, I want to force a
> rebuild and reinstallation in some way. Can that be done?

This happens every now and then. Eelco should tell us what to do.

The last time I was involved in a procedure, it was a mixture of removing the
path, running "nix-store --verify", creating the path without content (mkdir),
and running again "nix-store --verify".

I think nix should start having test cases about this situation, because I think
it always worked not as Eelco expected. :) But I may be wrong.

Regards,
Lluís.