[Nix-dev] Install specific kernel version

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Mon Jan 2 00:59:22 CET 2012

On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 03:47:21 +0400, Sergey Mironov <ierton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, list!
> I am still a novice in Nixos. I have found a variety of kernels available
> in /etc/nixos/nixpkgs/pkgs/os-specific/linux/kernel/ but don't understand
> how to ask nixos to install the one I prefer, namely v3.0. Could you
> provide me with some hints?

You configure it in your /etc/nixos/configuration.nix and run
'nixos-rebuild switch' as root.

See for example my config:
https://github.com/chaoflow/nixos-configurations/blob/master/chaoflow-lenovo-x201s.nix

The nixos manual and 'man configuration.nix' are or will become your friends.

--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC