[Nix-dev] Kde 4.8 broken in trunk

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 05:03:30 CET 2012

Vladimír Čunát wrote:

> Hi,
> I tried kde48 in svn trunk and quickly run into runtime problems. I
> found the trouble was probably caused by inconsistently linked qt - some
> dependencies were still built against qt although most was built against
> qt48.
I know about this problem. Eelco doesn't like deepOverride, and too many
packages depend on Qt to create qtPackages set.

The recommended way is to set "kde4 = pkgs.kde48;" in your packageOverrides.
Then qt4 == kde4.qt4 == qt48 for all packages. But you'll have to build it
yourself. I've switched default to kde-4.8 in stdenv-updates.
--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud at mccme.ru