[Nix-dev] upgrades and new packages

Arie Middelkoop amiddelk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 19:36:21 CET 2012

On 05-02-12 16:40, Mathijs Kwik wrote:
> [11]
> I don't know if there's a policy for licensed commercial software (of
> which the binaries aren't freely downloadable),
> but I packaged a nice game and I learned a bit about rpath and
> binaries under nixos doing so.
> The nix expression might serve as an example for similar cases,
> although it's mostly put together from other packages.

Does the game have a demo/free limited version? If so, you could let the
src attribute point to that one. Then, turn it into an overridable
derivation so that you can override the attribute to your unfree binary
via nixconfig/package overrides.

At the very least you could set src to an error message (with
abort/throwError) instead of /tmp/mybinary.

Arie