[Nix-dev] Can't understand how pull requests work

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Sun Dec 23 18:48:48 CET 2012

>I submitted this pull request last week
>
>https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/216
>
>I cannot understand how this request could be marked as merged and
>closed by me (I don't have commit access on the nixpkgs project, i
>think).
>
>Also I noticed that no commit is associated to this pull request.
>Can someone enlighten what actually happened?

I am not sure, but my working hypothesis would be that someone silently
picked your commit into master without using GitHub UI.

Now, you have asked to pull branch X which is now a subset of master,
so there are no commits to show. Oh, but empty pull request can be
closed, noticed Github. Hm, maggesi is the only user associated with
request — let's declare that the request is closed by maggesi.

Am I right that HOL Light _is_ updated in master?