[Nix-dev] Switching to systemd

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Thu Dec 13 15:06:01 CET 2012

Hi all,

I'd like to merge the NixOS systemd branch soon (say, next Friday).  It has had
fairly extensive testing now, including in production, but more is welcome.  So
if you haven't tried it yet, now is a good time :-)

Info on how to switch to the systemd branch is here:

  http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.nixos/9463

And if you don't know about systemd yet, here is a nice post by Mathijs on systemd:

  http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.nixos/9525

There are a few NixOS services that I know don't work yet on systemd, namely
mysql, mysql55, and mongodb.  This is because they use Upstart-specific job
options ("extraConfig").  There are probably other services that haven't been
tested and so might not work properly.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/