[Nix-dev] Can't create btrfs when installing nixos

Bill Trost trost at cloud.rain.com
Tue Dec 11 06:14:06 CET 2012

Hi, all,

I just installed nixos-minimal-0.1pre4011_13617b8-28d1785-i686-linux.iso on
an old ASUS netbook this weekend. I'm impressed by how smoothly it went.
One little hiccup, though, is that mkfs.btrfs wouldn't work -- it gave me an
error like "can't determine mount status of /dev/sda3".

On a barely related front -- has anyone attempt to run an NX client under
NixOS? It's been a long time since I've worked with nix packages, and
qtnx is presumably a non-trivial package to implement.

Thanks,
Bill