[Nix-dev] flashplayer updated to 11.2.202.251

Ellis Whitehead ellis.whitehead at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 17:48:06 CET 2012

The 'flashplayer' package can't be installed anymore, because 11.2.202.238
has been removed from the macromedia website.  I had hoped to fix this
myself and send a patch, but it looks like I won't get that far today.

The fix is presumably editing flashplayer-11/default.nix as follows on
lines 46 and 57:
- version = "11.2.202.238";
+ version = "11.2.202.251";

which will then download the following url:
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.251/install_flash_player_11_linux_x86_64.tar.gz

I tried the following:
$ git clone git://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs.git
$ cd
nixpkgs/pkgs/applications/networking/browsers/mozilla-plugins/flashplayer-11
$ vim default.nix
[edited as described above]
$ nix-build -A flashplayer-11

The last command results in an error "cannot auto-call a function that has
an argument without a defualt value ('stdenv')"