[Nix-dev] NixOS on systemd

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Fri Aug 31 13:08:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 31/08/12 03:21, Rickard Nilsson wrote:

> See below, where I do "sudo -i nixos-rebuild -I ... switch". The build
> fails since I haven't sorted out the network-manager's systemd build yet.
> But nix prints these "cannot unlink"-messages that wasn't there before the
> systemd switch.

Ah, forgot about that.  You need to add

  environment.nix = pkgs.nixUnstable;

to your configuration to get the latest Nix which shouldn't have this problem.
Basically this issue was that the /proc (and other filesystems) used in the
chroot appeared outside out the chroot.  Since the chroot uses a private PID
namespace, this /proc did not match the actual processes in your system.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/