[Nix-dev] [Hackage] How to install Hackage package, not presented in nixpkgs, locally?

Daniel Hlynskyi abcz2.uprola at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 17:47:38 CEST 2012

Steps:
1. ~$ git clone https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs.git
2. ~$ cd nixpkgs/pkgs/development/libraries/haskell/; mkdir categories;
mkdir pipes-core; cd ../../../../
3. nixpkgs$ cabal2nix cabal://categories-1.0.3 >
pkgs/development/libraries/haskell/categories/default.nix
    nixpkgs$ cabal2nix cabal://pipes-core-0.1.0 >
pkgs/development/libraries/haskell/pipes-core/default.nix
4. edit pkgs/top-level/haskell-packages.nix
5. edit pkgs/top-level/haskell-default.nix to add FORCE_REBUILD = 1; (but
maybe this is redundant, because hash-warnings were not solved)
6. nixpkgs$ nix-env -f . -iA haskellPackages.pipesCore
7. nixpkgs$ ghc-pkg check