[Nix-dev] [Hackage] How to install Hackage package, not presented locally?

Daniel Hlynskyi abcz2.uprola at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 13:55:38 CEST 2012

>    How to rebuild everything from source? Got to the definition of that ghc

> version, then add a dummy env var such as
>
>   FORCE_REBUILD=1;
>
> and retry. That FORCE_REBUILD should cause nix rebuilding everything
> from source. Report if this solved the issue. If it does we should
> document it on the wiki till somebody has time to find a real fix for
> it.

Do I understand correctly, change haskell-default.nix and reinstall it with

[~/nixpkgs]$ nix-env -f . -iA haskellPackages
?

I am failing to do this with another, not related problem:
installing `haskell-zlib-ghc7.4.1-0.5.2.0'
installing `haskell-zlib-ghc7.4.1-0.5.3.1'
error: user-thrown exception: cudatoolkit does not support platform
i686-linux
(use `--show-trace' to show detailed location information)

So I cannot finish haskellPackages install.