[Nix-dev] [Hackage] How to install Hackage package, not presented in nixpkgs, locally?

Daniel Hlynskyi abcz2.uprola at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 20:12:29 CEST 2012

Hello. I'm trying to create an installable package for `pipes-core` Hackage
package.

But got in troubles.

1. I used cabal2nix, but failed on installing the .nix file. After googling
some time, I've done `nix-env -f all-packages.nix -iA
haskellPackages.pipesCore`, so I've got package locally. But it had not
registered the package, log with reasons http://pastebin.com/jp350qvX
Manual registration with `ghc-pkg register` helped not. I don't know what
to do now.

2. How can I contribute to nixpkgs with this package? The main question is
- how can I TEST my contribution, when I get it?