[Nix-dev] static networking and dns

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Mon Aug 13 21:32:42 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I would like to configure a machine with static networking settings.
I found that setting a static ip address+gateway+netmask is available,
but I can't find anything for /etc/resolv.conf.
As I don't think I'm the first one to configure a static setup, I'm
probably missing something.

Or do I just need to use environment.etc for that?

On a related note: I could not find options to set ipv6 addresses
either, but that's perhaps not something people do everyday, so I just
created a (upstart) job to set one statically. Perhaps there is a
better way for that too?

Thanks,
Mathijs